This week has been good everything going well Health & safety gave us a glowing report says we have a good team set up allot better than last year .
anyway Ive been thinking for the past few months about doing something else so I looked into support groups I will admit they are gay-lesbian found several on THE QUEER YOUTH NETWORK ``horrible name I know``but via that network I found several that looked interesting so I picked one out made a phone call and arranged to go talk to someone guy named Russell who organised activities and stuff who was helpful but the group was on a large scale and took up allot of your time It was way to much for me but
Russell again very helpful asked me to get in touch with a lady called Ruth .we met over a cup of coffee on Thursday Ruth run`s a group for young teens aged 14-19 boys & girls about 15 of them go on a good week and she needs more helpers to make tea get the room we have ready and tidy up exc its only a few hours a week . Ruth is about 40 ish she started the group about 18 months ago
to give the teenagers a platform a voice Ruth has seen several of the people that have attended move on to a bigger platform join a larger group.
am looking forward to doing this I know am starting as a general dog`s body Ruth has said I need to be patient that's fine with me. Been asked to do like an information sheet like an introduction to myself for the group file. and will try and make most Wednesday evenings after work .
Also last year I helped at gay pride @ Manchester with fund raising well me & scot have been asked back scot wanted to do like a market stall that sold T shirts , bangles ,badges they said ok we already get given allot of merchandise to sell for gay pride t shirts exc but we both want to do are own designs to it would cost us a bit more but if we sell it all more money goes to charities makes it all worth while .
might be able to get help with the designs from Trish at collage then some blank t shirts from wholesalers who sell them in bulk .god i hope this is worth while .
LEE XX
Russell again very helpful asked me to get in touch with a lady called Ruth .we met over a cup of coffee on Thursday Ruth run`s a group for young teens aged 14-19 boys & girls about 15 of them go on a good week and she needs more helpers to make tea get the room we have ready and tidy up exc its only a few hours a week . Ruth is about 40 ish she started the group about 18 months ago
to give the teenagers a platform a voice Ruth has seen several of the people that have attended move on to a bigger platform join a larger group.
am looking forward to doing this I know am starting as a general dog`s body Ruth has said I need to be patient that's fine with me. Been asked to do like an information sheet like an introduction to myself for the group file. and will try and make most Wednesday evenings after work .
Also last year I helped at gay pride @ Manchester with fund raising well me & scot have been asked back scot wanted to do like a market stall that sold T shirts , bangles ,badges they said ok we already get given allot of merchandise to sell for gay pride t shirts exc but we both want to do are own designs to it would cost us a bit more but if we sell it all more money goes to charities makes it all worth while .
might be able to get help with the designs from Trish at collage then some blank t shirts from wholesalers who sell them in bulk .god i hope this is worth while .
LEE XX
THIS IS SOOOOO AWESOME, LEE!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are helping gay youth come to terms with their sexuality!!!! How cool is that?
I wish I could do the same thing. But my circumstances are different.
Anyway....You are going to Pride. So am I. Fuck what anyone thinks.
IT IS WORTHWHILE!!!!
Peace <3
Jay
Im kind of looking forward to it jay its just a little group of teenagers for a few hours a week The lady who runs the group is
ReplyDeletesuch a lovely person .
And these are the kids who need to see people like you: out, living life, setting a good example (no, you're not perfect, but who is?). Many times, just having someone to talk to about any old thing is important to kids who feel on the edge, on the margins, for whatever reason - they're sexual orientation, the fact they don't do well in school, they're too fat or too skinny (in their minds, mind you). Having an outlet and someone who is not judgmental can be a HUGE boost in their lives. You deserve a medal!
DeletePeace <3
Jay
This sounds great, Lee!
ReplyDeleteGood for you!
:-)
-Andy